Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Mua Cave ( Ninh Binh) day tour
Or send a consultation requestVivu Halong will contact you
>> Tour price: 950.000đ/pax
- Shuttle bus transfer from Hanoi to Ninh Binh and back
- Boat trip in Tam Coc
- Hoa Lu ancient capital visit
- Explore the Peak of Mua Cave for a panoramic view of the Ngo Dong river.
- Authentic Vietnamese lunch
- Bicycle ride to the local villages and rice fields
- All entrance fees & ticket
>> Booking: Call or WhatsApp: +84.789.455.888
The Hoa Lu – Mua Cave – Tam Toc day tour offers you an exciting adventure through natural and cultural sights. Heading to Ninh Binh, 90km to the South from Hanoi, you will visit Hoa Lu ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century, take stunning photos with the panoramic view on the peak of Mua Cave and enjoy a boat trip in Tam Coc. The boat trip through caves and limestone karst formations is a great photography opportunity. The one day trip covers both the natural landscape of Ninh Binh and cultural highlights.
- Explore ancient capital Hoa Lu (10th and 11th century), visit King Dinh and Le temples.
- Take amazing photos on the peak of Mua Cave, climb up 500 steps to enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the Ngo Dong river.
- Enjoy the Vietnamese set menu lunch.
- Cycle to the local villages and rice fields of Ninh Binh.
- Take a sampan boat trip in Tam Coc, marvel limestone karsts and rice fields on the river.
>> Bus from Hanoi Old Quarter to Ninh Binh > Check schedule and rate here
In the morning
7.30 – 8.00: Pick up guests at the hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter, heading to Ninh Binh with a short break on the halfway
10:15: Arrive at Hoa Lu ancient capital, a beautiful ancient city that was the economic and political center of Dai Co Viet country in the 10th and 11th centuries. In Hoa Lu, you will visit the Temples of the Dinh & Le Dynasties, the last remaining structures from the 10th-century capital.
11:20: Visit Mua Cave (the Cave of Dance) and enjoy the breathtaking panoramic mountainous view. Climb up a stone staircase beside the cave entrance and zigzag through the karst, almost 500 steps to the peak over Ngo Dong River where the boat rides to Tam Coc.
12:30: Enjoy traditional Vietnamese set menu lunch.
In the afternoon
13.30: Enjoy a sampan boat trip in Tam Coc, passing through three enormous caves on the Ngo Dong River (named: Hang Ca, Hang Hai & Hang Ba). Take stunning photos, you pass by the limestone karst formation on the water and the amazing rice fields on the banks of the river.
Then cycling through the rice fields and local villages nearby. Enjoy the sunset party with tea and fruits, relaxing before leaving back to Hanoi.
19:00: The bus drops off you at the hotel in Hanoi Old Quater. The one-day tour in Ninh Binh with Hoa Lu ancient capital, Mua Cave and Tam Coc ends.
Visiting sites in the tour
Hoa Lu was the capital of Vietnam in the 10th century ( during a period of 42 years). Although the old Hoa Lu citadel no longer exists, there are still some relics and temples to witness this historical place.
In Hoa Lu, you will visit two temples of Kinh Dinh and King Le, which were built on the main hall of the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, The two temples are close to each other, at the foot of Ma Yen Mountain. In front of the temples is the Hoa Lu Square and a museum room with relics of the old palace and some ancient ceramics. These temples are symbols of the Vietnamese people’s reverence and gratitude for the country’s heroes.
Mua Cave (Hang Mua viewpoint)
Located in the Trang An complex, Mua Cave is a small cave at the foot of Mua Mountain, Khe Dau Ha village, Ninh Xuan, Ninh Binh. The cave itself is not that spectacular but the incredible 360-degree views from the top of the mountain make it special.
When you climb nearly 500 steps to the top where you will find a Buddhist altar, and a lying stone dragon (Ngoa Long). Mua Cave serves a panoramic view of the Ngo Dong River with local boat rowing to Tam Coc. On another side of this mountain, there is a lotus field and the local villages of Ninh Binh in your eyes.
Tam Coc means “Three Caves” named Hang Ca, Hang Hai, and Hang Ba. All of these 3 caves are above the water of Ngo Dong River. Exploring Tam Coc, you will spend a 2-hour boat tour from Van Lam pier rowing through these 3 caves, admiring the unique karst rocks and rice fields in the harvesting season (May & June).
Panoramic views of a beautiful landscape
“ The 500-step climb was easier than I expected, probably because of the chilly weather. For those who are hesitant to climb up, trust me it will be worth it. The view from the top seems like a scene from a movie”
Mua Cave is one of the most attractive destinations in the Ninh Binh area. After climbing about 500 steps, you will see very spectacular scenery, overlooking the rocky mountains, rivers, fields, bamboo boats.
Amazing boat trip
We really enjoyed our boat trip along the river. There are amazing views of the mountains and rice fields, and we saw kingfishers, egrets, storks, and mountain goats. There were half a dozen boats on the river when we arrived at 10.30 am but this did not detract from the peace and beauty of the place. Yes there were boat vendors but you can say “no”, and yes we did tip our rower but seeing as he had just spent 1.5 hours rowing us along the river, a couple of dollars didn’t seem unreasonable
Hoa Lu Tam Coc
“ Hoa Lu temples are okay but Tam Coc is really nice. The scenery is gorgeous with the round-trip boat ride. It was a long boat ride under the hot sun (about 1.5 hours) but it was worth it. We could go through the cave and see the stalagmites. A memorable experience”
Inclusion & Terms
- The shuttle bus picks up from Hanoi Old Quarter to Ninh Binh and back.
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Set menu Vietnamese lunch
- Boat trip in Tam Coc
- English speaking tour guide
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages, tips & personal expenses
- Pick-up and drop-off outside of Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Other expenses that are not mentioned above
WHAT TO BRING
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and inserts spray
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes for biking and hiking
- Children under 5 years old: Infant seat is available, other expenses are paid by parents
- Children from 5 to 7 years old: 50% discount on the adult rate
- Children from 8 years old: charged as adult rate
- The family with 2 children from 3 to 7 years old: charged as an adult rate