Hoa Lu – Tam Coc Day Tour (From Hanoi)
Or send a consultation requestVivu Halong will contact you
>> Tour price: 850.000đ/pax
- Depart from Hanoi with pick up at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Duration: 1 day
- Group size: 20 pax
- Starting time: 07:30 – 08:00 AM
- Pick up & Drop off: Hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Transportation: Limousine bus
>> Booking: Call or WhatsApp: +84.789.455.888
The day tour to Hoa Lu and Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) offers you the highlight of cultural relics and the natural landscape of Ninh Binh. Departing in the early morning from Hanoi, and heading to Ninh Binh, you will learn more about the history, culture, and local life of the Northern countryside. Visit Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century, and take a short walk to Kinh Dinh and Kinh Le temple while Tam Coc (3 caves) features natural karst formation and caves on sampan boats by locals.
- Visit the ancient capital Hoa Lu (10th and 11th century)
- Visit King Dinh and Le temples.
- Enjoy the Vietnamese buffet lunch
- Cycle to the local villages and countryside of Ninh Binh.
- Take a sampan boat trip in Tam Coc, limestone karsts, caves, and rice fields on the river.
7.30 – 8.00: Shuttle bus pick up at the hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter, heading to Ninh Binh with a short break on the halfway.
10:15 Arrive at Hoa Lu ancient capital, visit the Temples of the Dinh & Le Dynasties, the last remaining structures from the 10th-century capital, learn about the history and cultural life of Vietnam.
12:00 Have buffet lunch at a local restaurant
13:30 Take a sampan boat trip in Tam Coc, passing through three enormous caves on the Ngo Dong river (named: Hang Ca, Hang Hai & Hang Ba) and the limestone karst formation on the water. In the harvest season, there would be amazing rice fields on the banks of the river (in the harvest season)
Optional: Cycling through the rice fields and local villages nearby
16:00 Leave Tam Coc and get on the shuttle bus back to Hanoi
18:30 Arrive in Hanoi. Tour ends.
Visiting sites in the tour
Hoa Lu ancient capital
Hoa Lu was the capital of Vietnam in the 10th century ( during a period of 42 years). Although the old Hoa Lu citadel no longer exists, there are still some relics and temples to witness this historical place.
In Hoa Lu, you will visit two temples of Kinh Dinh and King Le, which were built on the main hall of the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, The two temples are close to each other, at the foot of Ma Yen mountain. In front of the temples is the Hoa Lu Square and a museum room with relics of the old palace and some ancient ceramics. These temples are symbols of the Vietnamese people’s reverence and gratitude for the country’s heroes.
Hoa Lu ancient capital area also has some pagodas such as Ngan Xuyen pagoda, Nhat Tru pagoda…
Tam Coc boat tour
Tam Coc means “Three Caves” named Hang Ca, Hang Hai, and Hang Ba. All of these 3 caves are above the water of the Ngo Dong River. Exploring Tam Coc, you will spend a 2-hour boat tour from Van Lam pier rowing through these 3 caves, admiring the unique karst rocks and rice fields in the harvesting season (May & June).
Hoa Lu temples are okay but Tam Coc is really nice. The scenery is gorgeous with the round trip boat ride. It was a long boat ride under the hot sun (about 1.5 hours) but it was worth it. We could go through the cave and see the stalagmites. A memorable experience. We skipped the bike riding as we couldn’t bear the heat.
Relaxing and beautiful boat ride in Ninh Binh
Relax while enjoying the beautiful scenery all around you. This 2-hour boat ride is just amazing, passing through Grottoes, rice paddies and rocks covered in vegetation. The ride is smooth with only the sounds of the oars hitting the water gently. There was a water market at one end and we were advised not to buy anything. Also at the end of the tour, you are expected to tip. Several rowers hassled people that the tip was not enough, stick to what you want, it is voluntary.
Physically demanding yet spiritually uplifting. Once you lay eyes on those beautiful sceneries, all those aches will vanish into thin air. Don’t you dare leave Vietnam without cycling and rowing in Hoa Lu Tam Coc, Ninh Binh.
It’s a MUST VISIT!
A fantastic day tour incorporating a tour of the old capital city followed by a bike ride and a relaxing boat journey through some breathtaking scenery. Recommended to anyone wanting a relaxing day.
The tour guide was interesting and knowledgeable and spoke good English. The coach trip from Hanoi was interesting in the Hanoi traffic!
Lunch was a buffet that catered for all types of meals
Inclusion & Terms
- Buffet lunch with Vietnamese food.
- Shuttle bus with pick-up and drop-off at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Boat trip on Ngo Dong River rowing by local people
- Bicycle ride
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Beverages and other meals are not indicated in the program.
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
WHAT TO BRING
- Long sleeve clothes
- Hat or umbrella
- Sun cream
- Children from 9 or older are considered adult
- Children from 4 to 8: 75% of the tour cost for an adult
- Child under 4: free of charge (An additional fee is required when opting for a separate bus seat)
- 1 day before departure: No charge
- No show: 100% charge
Bus from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
For an unforgettable and hassle-free Ninh Binh one-day tour from Hanoi, we use the limousine bus with pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. Our 17-seater bus offers unparalleled comfort with soft seats and a spacious interior. The bus is equipped with high-speed WiFi and USB ports for your convenience.
- Distance: 90km
- Driving time: 2 – 2,5 hours with a short break halfway
- Capacity: 10, 17, 19 passengers
- Bottle water
- During the tour, you will be served a buffet lunch with most Vietnamese dishes such as roasted chicken, stir-fry goat, fried fish, and a load of salad, and vegetables.
- Vegetarian food is also available