When visiting Halong Bay, travelers highly appreciate the luxurious facility of a swimming pool on a cruise ship. Although surprising to some, it serves as a space for relaxation and entertainment for tourists, with children, in particular, enjoying the safety it provides compared to swimming in the sea.
Not only is the swimming pool a fun spot for entertainment, but it also serves as a stylish “check-in” location for those seeking to capture beautiful memories of their youth and joyful trips. As a result, cruise vessels with swimming pools are great choices for families and young tourists. In this article, Vivu Halong will introduce the top Halong Bay and Lan Ha Bay cruises with the most luxurious swimming pools to help you choose the perfect cruise for your trip.
How is the swimming pool on Halong Bay cruise?
- Area-wise, the swimming pools on Halong Bay cruises are relatively small, ranging from 30m2 to 50m2, depending on the specific cruise ship, due to the ship’s structure and size. They are not as spacious as those found in resorts or large hotels on land.
In terms of depth, the swimming pools are shallow, with a depth of only around 1m – 1.4m, which is safe for both adults and children.
Typically, the swimming pool is located at the bow or stern of the cruise ship, usually on the first or second deck.
It’s worth noting that while many cruise ships advertise swimming pools, only a few luxury cruises have them. Most others have small hot tubs (or jacuzzi tubs). In the next section, we also provide a list of cruises with hot tubs for your reference.
Elite of the Sea cruise
- 5-star Halong Bay Cruise
- Departure location: Tuan Chau International Port
- Route: Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay
- Style: luxurious, modern
- Highlights: ultra-luxury cruise with spacious cabins and high-class amenities
- Number of rooms: 35
Elite of the Sea is a 6-star cruise ship with many modern and high-class amenities such as a Cigar club, an infinity pool with gold plating, shopping area, mini golf course, and a European-style restaurant.
The swimming pool on Elite of the Sea can be considered the largest pool among Halong Bay cruises, with an area of 50m2, located at the stern of the ship on the second floor. Next to the pool is a bar area, and sun loungers overlooking the bay, are extremely airy and comfortable!
The cruise ship is designed with a beautiful appearance, in Western style, and fully equipped with luxurious and high-class amenities, including 35 luxury rooms, a gym, spa, a conference room, and a restaurant serving top-class meals throughout the trip.
Tourists will experience exciting activities such as kayaking, bamboo boat rowing to visit caves, and taking photos at famous tourist spots in Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay.
With a professional, attentive, and enthusiastic staff, Elite of the Sea will bring tourists a great and memorable travel experience in Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay.a
- Details of itinerary: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/elite-of-the-seas/
Capella Cruise, Symphony of the Sea
- 5-star Lan Ha bay cruise
- Departure: Tuan Chau International Port
- Route: Lan Ha bay
- Style: modern, luxurious with a combination of Indochinese architecture
- Highlights: Diverse entertainment and leisure amenities: water slide, swimming pool, Cigar & Poker club, Gym, Karaoke, MiniGolf, Lounge
- Number of rooms: 30 (with balcony and bay view bathtub)
The Capella Cruise, launched in 2020, is one of the most modern and luxurious cruises on Lan Ha Bay, with 30 spacious rooms featuring private balconies and bay view bathtubs.
The Capella Cruise is known as a 5-star cruise with many modern and luxurious entertainment and leisure amenities such as a water slide, swimming pool, Cigar & Poker club, Gym, Karaoke, mini-Golf, Lounge, etc.
The swimming pool on the Capella Cruise is located on the first floor, designed like a resort, with the swimming pool area in front followed by the reception area and the guest rooms behind. The swimming pool of the Capella Cruise has an area of nearly 40m2, with LED lights and a small infinity glass space for guests to take check-in photos. In addition to the swimming pool, this area also has a small Jacuzzi pool for children and families.
Overall, the swimming pool of the Capella Cruise has a spacious area, located on the first floor right next to the sea, suitable for guests to participate in leisure activities on the bay (kayaking, swimming) and rest on the cruise.
However, this area has many people participating in activities at the same time (swimming pool, Jacuzzi, kayaking, swimming…) so it can be crowded. If you want to take check-in photos comfortably, you need to choose a suitable time.
- Details of itinerary: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/capella-cruise/
Stellar of the Sea cruise
- 5-star cruise in Lan Ha Bay
- Departure: Tuan Chau International Port
- Cruise itinerary: Lan Ha Bay
- Style: Modern and luxurious
- Highlights: High-end and luxurious services, many add-on services
- Number of rooms: 22
The all-season swimming pool of the Stellar of the Sea cruise is located on the third floor of the ship, with an area of 50m2 and a triangular design for all four seasons. LED lights make the surface of the water shimmer at night.
Next to the pool is a bar serving various drinks for guests. Imagine relaxing on the pool with a tray of fruit, pastries, and your favorite cocktail amidst the vast scenery of Lan Ha Bay. You can easily find photos of the “floating breakfast” served on this pool, which is truly an impressive check-in point on the Stellar of the Sea cruise.
- Details of itinerary: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/stellar-of-the-sea-cruise/
- 5-star Lan Ha Bay Cruise
- Departure: Tuan Chau International Port
- Cruising itinerary: Lan Ha Bay
- Style: Traditional Vietnamese, featuring the story of Bach Thai Buoi – the “Ocean-King”
- Highlights: Exquisite cultural space, rich in local identity
- Number of rooms: 20
The swimming pool on the Heritage Cruise is located on the second floor, with an area of over 30m2 and a depth of 1.2m. The pool is situated at the bow of the ship, creating a wonderful check-in point. The diamond-shaped pool is equipped with LED lights and sun loungers around it, offering a relaxing view of the entire bay.
- Details of itinerary and cruise: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/heritage-cruise/
- 5-star cruise in Halong Bay
- Departure: Tuan Chau International Port
- Tour route: Halong Bay
- Style: luxury, modern
- Highlights: Large cruise ship with spacious and upscale amenities, large relaxing sundecks for events and party organization
- Number of rooms: 46
The Ambassador Cruise is a famous cruise ship that hosts many major events on Halong Bay. With a spacious area for large groups of up to 100 people and 46 rooms, the Ambassador Cruise has plenty of space for you to check in and relax.
The swimming pool on the Ambassador Cruise is located on the tail of the ship on the 3rd floor, with an ideal area and depth for your enjoyment. Surrounding the pool are sun loungers and sofas for viewing the bay with stunning photo opportunities. Moreover, the pool area is separated for comfortable posing and the most beautiful photo shoots.
La Siesta SuperYatch
- 5-star Cruise in Ha Long Bay
- Departure: International Port of Ha Long
- Cruising route: Ha Long Bay
- Style: luxurious and modern
- Highlights: Large cruise ship with spacious and high-end facilities.
- Number of rooms: 54
La Siesta Superyacht is an extremely luxurious and modern cruise ship, with an advanced and fully-equipped design. However, the special and most attractive feature of this cruise ship is the large swimming pool equipped on the top floor of the ship.
The swimming pool of La Siesta Superyacht is quite large and fully equipped with facilities such as an automatic water treatment system, allowing guests to cool off or relax in the most private and comfortable space. The swimming pool is located on the second floor, at the stern of the cruise ship.
In addition, the top floor of the ship also has a spacious rooftop, where guests can enjoy outdoor space and admire the extremely beautiful scenery of the sea.
Not only the swimming pool, but La Siesta Superyacht is also fully equipped with other high-end amenities such as a gym, spa, conference room, bar, luxurious dining area, and elegantly designed, sophisticated, and convenient rooms. Guests can participate in many entertainment and relaxation activities in these areas throughout the trip.
La Siesta Superyacht cruise ship will be operated from mid-2023
The cruise with hot tubs / Jacuzzi tubs
There are many other boats in Ha Long Bay that have small hot tubs for children and a few adults to relax. Many luxury boats with high-class cabins also have individual jacuzzi hot tubs for each cabin.
- Le Theatre Cruise: hot tub on the rooftop
- Rosy Cruise: hot tub on the second floor
- Paradise Elegance Cruise: hot tub on the rooftop
- Orchid Cruise: hot tub at the front of the boat on the second floor
- Dragon Legend Cruise: hot tub in the middle of the boat on the third floor
- Aspira Cruise: heart-shaped hot tub on the rooftop
- La Casta Cruise: hot tub at the tail of the boat on the second floor
- Athena Royal Cruise: hot tub in the middle of the boat on the rooftop.
- Jacuzzi located at the bow of the ship, 2nd floor
Rosy is one of the most luxurious and well-equipped cruises in Halong Bay, equipped with a small pool located at the bow of the ship, allowing guests to enjoy relaxing moments after a long day exploring the sea.
The pool on Rosy is designed to be spacious and convenient, with many massage parts, creating a comfortable, relaxing, and exciting space for guests. This is the special feature that attracts many guests to the Rosy cruise.
- Details of cruise & itinerary: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/rosy-cruise/
- The jacuzzi tubs on the second floor
The Orchid cruise ship is one of the most luxurious and fully-equipped cruise ships in Ha Long Bay, equipped with a cute round tub at the bow of the ship, allowing passengers to relax and enjoy some moments of rest during the tour.
Aspira cruise, the heart-shaped pool
The Aspira cruise is equipped with a large heart-shaped outdoor pool on the top deck. This is not only a popular check-in point of the Aspira cruise, but also an ideal place to relax with family and friends or to organize romantic anniversary and honeymoon celebrations.
Paradise Elegance Cruise
- The jacuzzi tub on the top deck
The Paradise Elegance cruise ship is equipped with a small pool/hot tub with an area of about 15m2, creating a check-in point and attracting the attention of tourists. The area around the pool is also arranged with benches and sofas, creating a relaxing space suitable for tourists to enjoy or organize small parties, such as a sunset party.
La Casta Regal Cruise
- The jacuzzi pool on the third deck, at the stern
On La Casta Regal cruise, you can enjoy an outdoor hot tub with an area of 20m2, which can accommodate up to 10 adults and is very suitable for families with small children. You can relax and receive gentle massages in a peaceful and serene environment on the bay.
- Details of cruise and itinerary: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/la-casta-cruise/
- The mini pool is on second-floor
On the Peony cruise ship, you can explore the stunning Lan Ha Bay. In addition, the outdoor swimming pool on the ship has a large area, and the Jacuzzi hot tub is designed to be rounded right next to it. You can not only enjoy the beautiful scenery of the bay but also relax in the ship’s pool.
The cruise ship has received very positive feedback from domestic and foreign tourists thanks to its harmonious design between classic and luxurious styles. In particular, all rooms on the Peony cruise ship are equipped with a bathtub combined with a very relaxing hot tub.
Athena Royal Cruise
The Athena Halong Cruise is specially designed with a tub on the 3rd-floor sundeck, creating a special and impressive highlight for tourists when experiencing the trip. This is an invaluable gift for tourists when they can enjoy the feeling of relaxation soaking in a cool water hot tub amidst the open sea space, immersed in the beautiful scenery.
A swimming pool on a cruise ship is a luxurious amenity for a relaxing vacation, a fun area for children, and an amazing check-in spot for women. Choosing a cruise ship with a swimming pool to visit Halong Bay or Lan Ha Bay will add more experiences to your trip.
Wishing you a wonderful cruise trip exploring Ha Long Bay!