Sung Sot (Amazing) Cave is the biggest and most beautiful cave in Halong Bay. In this cave, you can admire the natural beauty and understand about the formation of Halong Bay over thousand years.
Here are things to know about Sung Sot Cave:
- Sung Sot Cave is located on Bo Hon Island in Halong Bay, about 15 km southeast of Tuan Chau Marina. To reach the cave, visitors must climb about 100 steps to its entrance. The cave covers an area of 10,000 square meters and is divided into two caverns.
- The first cavern is smaller and connected to the larger cavern by a small passageway. It is around 30 meters high and features a variety of stalactites, stalagmites, and unique rock formations.
- The second cavern is large enough to accommodate up to 1,000 people at once. Visitors typically spend about 30 minutes exploring this cavern, which offers different views of the cave and is illuminated by natural light from the outside.
- The visit to Sung Sot Cave concludes at a viewing point that provides a panoramic view of Halong Bay and the surrounding sailing boats.
- Sung Sot Cave can be visited as part of a day tour or overnight cruise in Halong Bay
>> Booking via WhatsApp: +84.789.455.888
Where is Sung Sot cave?
Sung Sot Cave is located on Bo Hon Island, toward the northwest Halong Bay, about 15 km southeast of Tuan Chau Marina. To reach the cave, you have to climb up 100 or so steps to the entrance of Sung Sot Cave. The grotto covers 10,000 square meters.
- Location on Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/aFGr72e7tUzruXEFA
What to explore in Sung Sot Cave?
Inside the cave, it separates into two caverns; the first cavern is smaller connected by a small passageway to the giant cavern. The entire cave is unique with stalactites and stalagmites in a different formation.
The first cavern of Sung Sot Cave is around 30 meters high, ten steps down from the mouth of the cave. The caverns amaze you with a various number of stalactites, stalagmites, and unique rock formations.
The second cavern is big enough to have 1000 people getting in at one time, you need to spend up to 30 minutes to take a look around the stone cave. It is unique that this cavern gives tourists a view of the cave from different angles, and the light from outside to create a magical world.
The visit ends up when you reach the viewing point to have a panoramic view of Halong Bay and sailing boats around.
How to visit Sung Sot cave?
Sung Sot cave could include in tour program of a day tour (6-hour journey) or an overnight cruise in the Halong Bay cruise route worth a morning or afternoon visit. You can choose to join a 6 hour cruise or 8 hour cruise, these cruise programs will include a visit to Sung Sot cave (45 minutes – 1 hour)
Overnight cruises include a visit to Sung Sot cave
- Paradise cruise
- Indochina Sails
- Bhaya cruise
- Victory Star Cruise
Day cruise that includes a visit to Sung Sot cave in their itinerary
More cruises and deals of Halong Bay tours at: https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruise-type/luxury-cruise/