With only 2 days and 1 night, you might not enjoy the whole beauty of Ha Long. However, if you know how to arrange, you will definitely have exciting experiences. In this article, Vivu Halong will recommend the Ha Long travel itinerary for 2 days 1-night tour.
Things to do in Ha Long city for 2 days 1 night?
Ha Long is famous for its tourist paradise. Whether bush tourism or vacation tourism, you can easily choose the exciting journey.
Traveling in Halong Bay could be divided into land travel and cruises. Particularly, land-based travel in Ha Long has numerous entertainment spots, distributed in three main areas: Tuan Chau, Bai Chay and Hon Gai.
Visit Halong Bay on a cruise tour
You can choose the night yacht tour with many exciting experiences such as kayaking, visiting natural caves, fishing villages, swimming in the bay.
- Titop Island
- Sung Sot Cave
- Thien Cung cave
- Hon Trong Mai
- Bo Nau Cave
- Me Cung Cave
- Luon Cave
- Cua Van fishing village
Visit Tuan Chau island
Tuan Chau Island has the largest cruise harbor in Southeast Asia. The island is home to many high-end resorts and hotels, along with a variety of entertainment option, beaches.
- Tuan Chau International entertainment area
- Day tour to explore the bay or overnight break, starting from Tuan Chau harbor
Visit Bai Chay tourist area
Ha Long city tourist center has many exciting activities, exciting and modern ocean parks. In recent year, Bai Cha has been invested in tourism infrastructure, becomes one of the most developed tourism city in the Northern region
- Sunworld recreation area, Queen cable car
- The old town, Bai Chay night market
- Bai Chay Beach
- Bai Chay Bridge
Visit Hon Gai, the local city.
Hon Gai, located on the other side of Cua Luc bay, is the administrative and cultural centre of Quang Ninh people with vibrant and unique life. You have a lot of choices about the place to have fun, eating, have reasonable prices and unique
- Bai Tho Mountain
- Long Tien Pagoda
- Quang Ninh museum
Bai Tho Mountain (Poem Mountain) is an exciting experience not to miss when coming to Ha Long.
Read more about top things to do in Halong
Choosing the tour itinerary
In addition to the extensive tour schedule of Ha Long, you can also choose the specific tours. Currently, there are three most prominent tours, which is often applied by travel companies, including:
- Overnight trip at the hotel in Bai Chay, combined with a day cruise to visit Halong Bay.
- Halong Bay 2 day 1-night cruise tour
- Overnight trip at the hotel in Tuan Chau combined with a day cruise on Halong Bay.
Each type has certain advantages, which are suitable for the time and budget of the visitors. Therefore, if you intend to travel to Ha Long, you should choose the most reasonable schedule.
Option 1: Staying at a hotel in the city center + Halong Bay day cruise
Many domestic tourists choose this option because it is relatively cheap, flexible in terms of accommodation, eating, and visiting sites.
You could stay a hotel at Tuan Chau or Bai Chay.
The first day in Ha Long, you will check-in at the hotel, and come to the famous tourist destinations in Tuan Chau, Bai Chay. The second day, you will visit the bay by the language boat. After that, you can go to the Hon Gai area to eat, visit, buy souvenirs and finish the journey.
You can refer to the detailed schedule such as:
Day 1: SunWorld Ocean Park – Bai Chay night market
- 10 am: Arrive in Ha Long, having lunch at the local restaurant
- 12: 00: Check-in at the hotel and take a rest.
- 14: 00: Enjoy entertainment options at Sunworld Ocean Park. The park with many adventure games at the water parks, Dragon parks, the Queen’s cable car and many other exciting entertainment games.
- 16:00: Having dinner at Bai Chay, visiting the night market, the old town, Bai Chay Bridge at night.
Day 2: Visiting Ha Long Bay – Bai Chay – Hon Gai
- 07:00: Breakfast at the hotel
- 08:00: Get to Tuan Chau island for a day cruise to visit Halong Bay. You can hire a private boat or joun group tour to visit the bay with a 4-hour journey or 6-hour journey. On this trip, you will enjoy many attractions in this journey, including Thien Cung cave, Dau Go cave, Sung Sot Cave, Hon Trong Mai, Fishing village.
- 11:00: Have lunch on board then check out and get back to the hotel.
- 12:00: Visit Hon Gai for Bai Tho Mountain, Long Tien Pagoda, Quang Ninh Museum and local Halong market.
- 15:00: Get on the bus, fishing the trip.
Option 2: Halong Bay 2 days 1-night cruise tour
If you come from Hanoi, the itinerary will be arranged as follows: 8:00 am from Hanoi, 11:00 am check-in and boarding. You will rest, eat, participate in all activities on the yacht until 11:00 am on the next day is checked-out. Finally, you will catch the bus, and come back to Hanoi at 4:00 pm.
Visiting Ha Long Bay on an overnight cruise, you will experience exciting activities and famous visiting sites such as:
- Visiting the cave
- Visiting fishing village
- Visiting the island.
You should note that Halong Bay tour 2 days and 1 night are a package tour. All activities take place on the yacht. Therefore, you do not need to worry about staying, playing, eating … There are many types of boats from three to five stars to choose from
Recommendation for tours, cruise and tourist services in Halong city
With the development of tourism in Halong city, it is not difficult to find high-class hotels and luxurious cruise tour.
Hotels in Halong city
- Vinpearl Ha Long Bay Resort.
- Wyndham Halong,
- FLC Grand Ha Long,
- Paradise Suite & Trend Hotel,
- Novotel Halong Hotel …
Read more about top 5-star hotel in Halong
Restaurants in Halong city
- Sen A Dong Buffet,
- Hong Hanh Restaurant,
- Huong Duyen Restaurant,
- Phuong Nam Restaurant.
Read more about the top-rated restaurant in Halong
Trusted cruise operators in Halong Bay:
- Indochina Junk
- Paradise Luxury, Paradise Elegance,
- Alisa cruise
- Au Co cruise
- Bhaya Classic
- Starlight cruise
>>> Check the best deals of Halong Bay overnight cruise
Here is the suggested itinerary for the 2-day 1-night tour to discover Halong city and Halong Bay.
If you still have any questions or want specific advice, please feel free to contact Vivu Halong! Wish you a lovely time in Halong Bay and Halong city.