If you have 3 days 2 night to discover Halong (Halong city and Halong Bay), what you will visit, things to do, where to enjoy local food… 3 days 2 nights tour is a relatively long time. Therefore, you can cover all the famous attractions both on Halong Bay and the city. In the previous article, Vivu Halong has suggested the itinerary for 2 days 1 night in Halong city and Halong Bay. In this article, we recommend you the itinerary for 3 days 2-night tour in Halong.
Things to do in Halong
Traveling to Halong, you can choose to explore the city or enjoy an overnight cruise on Halong Bay.
Halong city has numerous visiting sites and entertainment option in Tuan Chau island, Bai Chay and Hon Gai. You can refer to some of the following tourist attractions:
Halong Bay, the paradise of thousand limestone islands
- Titop Island
- Soi Sim Island
- Sung Sot Cave
- Thien Cung cave
- Hon Trong Mai
- Bo Nau Cave
- Me Cung Cave
- Luon Cave
- Cua Van fishing village
Visit Tuan Chau island, the pearl of Halong
- Tuan Chau International entertainment area
- Day tour to explore the bay or overnight break, starting from Southeast Asia’s largest yacht harbor
Visit Bai Chay tourist area, the sparkling city
- Sunworld Halong Ocean Park, Queen cable car
- The old town, Bai Chay night market
- Bai Chay Beach
- Bai Chay Bridge
Visit Hon Gai, the local area
- Bai Tho Mountain
- Long Tien Pagoda
- Ha Long Market
- Quang Ninh museum
Read more about top things to do in Halong in this article
Getting to Halong city is much easier now. From Hanoi, the driving time shortens to only 2.5 hours following the new expressway.
Getting to Halong from Ho Chi Minh City, you can take a flight to Cat Bi Airport (Hai Phong) or Van Don Airport (Quang Ninh). Then, take a taxi for 45 minutes – 1 hour to Halong city.
Choosing itinerary for 3 days 2-night Halong tour
Option 1: Staying at the hotel and visit Halong Bay on a day cruise
- Day 1: Halong city – Sunworld Halong Ocean park – Bai Chay night market
- Day 2: Visit Halong Bay on a day cruise
- Day 3: Explore Hon Gai local area.
Option 2: Halong Bay 3 day 2-night cruise
- Day 1: Habour – Kayaking
- Day 2: Floating fishing village – Cave visiting
- Day 3: Relaxing then cruising back to the harbor
Vivu Halong recommendation for these tours below:
Option 1: Staying at the hotel and visit Halong Bay on a day cruise
Many domestic tourists prefer this schedule because you can freely choose the accommodation, things to do, and dining.
You should choose a hotel in Tuan Chau or Bai Chay for easier access to tourist attractions.
Day 1: Halong city – Sunworld Halong Ocean park – Bai Chay night market
- 10:00 am: Arrive in Ha Long city, having lunch at the local restaurant
- 12:00 am: Backing to the hotel check-in and resting
- 2:00 pm: Going to Sunworld amusement park, exploring the park with many adventure games at the water parks, Dragon parks, the Queen’s cable car … and many other exciting entertainment games.
- 6:00 pm: Having dinner at Bai Chay, visiting the night market, the old town, watching the Queen cable car, Bai Chay bridge at night.
Day 2: Visit Halong Bay on a day cruise
- 7:00 am: Having breakfast at the hotel
- 8:00 am: Moving to Tuan Chau port to visit Ha Long bay. You can rent a train to visit the bay. You will enjoy many attractions in this journey, including Thien Cung cave, Dau Go cave, Sung Sot cave, Hon Trong Mai, Ba Hang fishing village, Cua Van fishing village
- You can choose a 4-hour tour or more than 6 hours to explore the beauty of Ha Long Bay fully. Cruise tour during the day usually includes the lunch for guests, sightseeing, and exploration services.
- In the afternoon, you return to the hotel to relax in Bai Chay beach.
Day 3: Explore Hon Gai
- 8:00 am: visiting Quang Ninh museum, Long Tien pagoda, Bai Tho Mountain, going to Ha Long market to buy seafood as a gift.
- Having lunch at Hon Gai
In this schedule, when coming to the Sun World entertainment area, you can have fun all day, especially with children, including discovering Dragon parks, Ocean parks and a lot of experiences. You can admire the beauty of the sea by the two kilometers cable car system. From Sun Word, it leads to Ba Deo play complex with exciting locations such as Japanese garden, Sunwheel. But you also need to pay attention to the weather. You should avoid the sunny days and need to have time to rest.
A cruise tour is easy to arrange for departing at Tuan Chau port, or you can book a package tour with pick up at the hotel in Bai Chay, Tuan Chau island, including the lunch. You can choose a 4-hour journey to visit the bay in the morning, afternoon, or tour 6-8 hours to visit the bay all day, with many activities and go further.
Option 2: Halong Bay 3 days 2-night cruise
The itinerary for 3 days 2-night cruise follows:
- Check-in at 11:00 am, embark on the cruise, start cruising, and enjoy outdoor activities.
- Depending on cruise operators, you will experience different activities including kayaking, visiting the cave, fishing village, cycling on the island, having BBQ on the beach… The trip finishes at noon when you leave cruise after two night staying onboard.
There are 3 cruise routes that you can choose for the overnight cruise on Halong Bay and nearby area.
The cruise tour to visit Ha Long
- Departing from Tuan Chau Habour):
- Visiting sites: Thien Cung cave – Dau Go cave – Dog Stone island – Dinh Huong island – Trong Mai island – Sung Sot cave – Titop island, Soi Sim island – Me Cung cave
The cruise tour visit Bai Tu Long, off the beaten track
- Departing from Hon Gai harbor
- Thien Canh Son cave – Cong Do – Cap La fishing village – Thay cave – Vung Vieng floating fishing village.
The cruise tour Lan Ha Bay and Cat Ba
- Depart from Got Pier (Hai Phong)
- Visiting sites: Luon cave – Ba Ham lake – Nam Cat island – Monkey island – Ba Trai Dao beach – Bright and Dark cave.
With Ha Long cruise tour for 3 days 2 nights, you will be able to visit famous attractions as well as participate, and experience exciting activities.
Visiting Ha Long Bay on the cruise is a package tour. All accommodation and activities will be on the cruising boats.
Moreover, joining a cruise tour, meals will be included but not for drinks. If you want to use more alcohol beverages outside the list, you need to pay for this service.
Read more about a detailed guide of 3 day 2-night cruise on Halong Bay
Recommendation for hotel and cruise on Halong Bay
There are many hotels and cruise tour option. Vivu Halong recommends you some hotels and cruise as below:
Hotels in Halong
- Vinpearl Ha Long Bay Resort (Reu Island, Bai Chay)
- Wyndham Halong (Bai Chay)
- FLC Grand Ha Long (Hon Gai)
- Paradise Suite & Trend Hotel (Tuan Chau)
- Novotel Halong Hotel (Bai Chay)
- Wyndham Hotel ( Bai Chay)
Read more: top 5-star hotel in Halong
Cruise company in Halong
- Indochina Junk
- Paradise luxury cruise
- Paradise Elegance
- Alisa cruise
- Au Co cruise
- Bhaya cruise
- Oriental Sails cruise
- Starlight Cruise
Check the best cruise deals at https://vivuhalong.com/en/cruises/
3 day 2 night is ideal timing to explore Halong city and Halong Bay. You can combine a hotel stay with overnight cruise/ day cruise on Halong Bay or choose to stay 2 nights on Halong Bay cruise. All will be an unforgettable experience for you in this natural wonder.
The suggested information above related to 3 days 2-night tour in Halong. Hope that it helps you plan your trip to Halong city and Halong Bay.